LED Mountings demonstration
LED Strip Lighting is growing in popularity and ease of use, for the home and workplace, because of the many benefits of using LED Strips over conventional lighting. These include:
- 60% to 70% energy saving on power consumption
- reduced heat generated by the fittings, giving a longer working life
- compact size of the LED Strips, with very thin wiring
- ability to dim, display different colours, and other technological features
- gradual reduction in price along with improvements in performance of LED lighting
LED Strips are light, largely self-contained, with self adhesive backing, and do not require complicated fittings or wiring. Standard LED Lighting is low wattage, approximately 10.-12mm wide, and generates so little heat that a simple PVC Channel is suitable for use as housing. This provides the opportunity to mount LED low wattage strips easily onto walls, cupboards or other similar surfaces, needing only a flat clean surface onto which the LED housing will mount. This combination of factors make LED Strip Lights suitable for DIY projects as well as ideal for more industrial lighting projects. For high wattage LED strips, we recommend using our Metal Muffin mounting profile, particularly suited to large scale and exhibition style arrays.
Note that most 2 part mounting profiles rely on the jaws of the base expanding when the lid or diffuser is fitted. Once in place the jaws return to their original position and width. If you are recessing a profile or fitting into a corner you will need to allow approx 1mm of extra width to allow this.
STOCK LED MOUNTING PROFILES
Tubeway Extrusions stock profiles
Tubeway stock well designed but simple to use profiles for LED Mounting, which because of their attractive appearance are effective whether in view or part of an invisible LED fitting. These can be quickly installed using self adhesive tape, clips or screws, having prepared and pre-installed the LED Strip. The result is a very cost effective, lightweight and practical LED housing, for low wattage LED strips, or additionally for high wattage strips use the Metal Muffin profile.
There are a few points to note, however, in general use of PVC as LED housing:
- even low wattage LED Strips generate some heat, which will affect the working life of standard self adhesive tapes, so it is recommended that either Easyfix High Mass Tape is used, or standard tape is supported by a small number of retaining screws
- low wattage LED Strip Lighting is safe to use with PVC, but high wattage must be used with metal housings as it can generate enough heat to melt plastic.
- High Mass Tape has very aggressive adhesive, making it suitable for many purposes, not just permanent stick-only LED mounting. For use with LED's. as they are not at all heavy, short pieces of High Mass Tape can be used rather than continuous runs, to reduce costs.
See the short video for information about our current LED Mounting stock range. This now includes the Mini Mount, a neat little aluminium channel in anodised silver or painted white, which is packed with pairs of end caps, clips and screws. Prepare the LED strip in the base, wire through the end cap, clip in the diffuser, screw the clips in place and push the Mini Mount in for a simple permanent fitting.
Stock LED Profiles with Dimensions
PVC Cupcake Mounting
PVC Muffin Mounting
Aluminium Metal Muffin
PVC Box Mount
Aluminium Mini Mount
Measurements are for guidance only - if critical please contact our Sales team to discuss
Click product to buy online
|COLOURS||PACK SIZE||£ ex Vat|
|Cupcake Mounting with Frosted Lens
|White||5 x 3m||50.00|
|Cupcake Foam End Stops
|White||Bag of 10||8.00|
|PVC Muffin Mounting with White Frosted Lens
|White||5 x 3m||40.00|
|PVC Muffin Foam End Stops
|White||Bag of 10||5.60|
|Metal Muffin with White Frosted Lens
|Aluminium||5 x 3m||75.00|
|Metal Muffin Foam End Stops
|White||Bag of 10||9.00|
|2 Part Box Mounting in Clear PVC
|Clear||10 x 3m||68.00|
|Metal Mini Mount with White Frosted Lens and Accessories
LE0520 / LE0510
|5 x 2m
5 x 1m
*Packs contain 5 individually packed 2m lengths, each with 2 pairs of end caps, clips and screws. Clips for silver packs are steel, 4 per length, with clear clips (6 per length) for white packs.
**Packs are 5 x 1m individually packed lengths, each with a pair of end caps, clips (2 or 3) and screws.
Our Foam and Polyester Tapes are excellent for quick positioning and installation of Mountings, before using a couple of screws for a permanent fitting. We also stock Hi Mass Tape, which has incredible durability and is suitable for high temperature and outdoor locations. Click through for Stock Self Adhesive Tapes.
We have suitable white PVC Electrical Mini and Micro Trunking for effective cable management and concealment, available from stock plain or with adhesive tape already attached. Click for 2 Part electrical Trunking
Please Note - Tubeway supply complete packs as detailed the table above, subject to a £50 goods value minimum, plus delivery and Vat. If you need smaller quantities, you can buy them by the length from the Ebay store "chargeelectrical" by following this link:
PRODUCTION LED MOUNTING PROFILES
For large scale LED Lighting requirements, there is a much greater choice of profiles for, and colours of, LED housings. You are able to select:
- single-piece LED Mounts, such as simple Channels or angled sections. Although suitable for hidden fittings only, as they do not protect or disguise the LED Strips, they make installation very easy and keep costs down to the bare minimum
- our stock Mountings can be run in your choice of colour for the base, as well as any of our 3 options for the diffuser. It would be possible to pick, for example, 1000m of diffuser in one colour with 2 different 500m runs of the PVC base
- there are many more designs of 2 part LED profiles that you can choose from, that are not stocked. Mostly based on electrical mini-trunking sizes, as we have the tooling to manufacture the popular sizes of these, they are straightforward to use and install and have the flexibility of using either the lid or the 3 sided base as the diffuser, so as to spread or concentrate the light from the LED Strips
- you can have tooling made to your own specific design, whether one or two part.
- we can apply double-sided tape to LED Mounts to make placement quick and clean. Once in place a couple of retaining screws into the fixing surface remove any chance of the tape failing over the life of the fitting
To look at choices for colours of base and diffuser, our raw material Colours page has details of RAL colours and descriptions.
Options for LED Mounts with Angled Bases
Light Spectrum Options for trunking-style LED Mounts